Monday, 20 December 2010

From a secret club's Advent calendar

Here is some of the artwork, I have created for a secret club's Advent calendar.
Kenn and I exchanged envelopes with collage materials each Advent Sunday before Christmas.
The challenge was that we both had to create an illustration with the given elements.

You can see my first collage the 'Lion Man' below and the little Santa's hat that Kenn and I created as a downloadable do-it-yourself kit for door number 6 of the Advent calendar.



There is also a photograph of our fire place, that I have decorated for Christmas and also my collage from the second Advent collage challenge, 'Big Bear', below.




Kenn and I had a lot of fun making images and thinking of stories and things to add to our Advent calendar.
Of the images I created, I am particularly pleased with the one on the left below. Ages ago, I had bought a picture frame in Denmark and it had a photo of an unknown, but very charming looking granny in it. Of course I kept it. Together with a few other things thrown in, its intention is to tell a 'story' about delicious food, enjoyed with the family at Christmas.

Finally, on the last Sunday before Christmas, I made the illustration on the right. From the bits and pieces I was given in my collage envelope, I imagined what 'daydreaming' could look like... I guess, standing on a table does have the potential to change one's perspective somewhat. Something to be tried more often!



Happy Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment