Monday, 4 January 2010

...and finally, my Masters graduation!



After my Masters award ceremony on 2nd December 2009 I was all smiles...



... and went celebrating with Kenn afterwards, although without the funny hat.
We had the most amazing fish and chips at The Princess of Shoreditch. This gastro pub is great if you are looking for a friendly service and some lovely food in a relaxed surrounding.

Studying for my Masters in Fine Art was a lot of hard work, but also an intense personal journey, as half way through, I lost my Mum.
Doing something creatively which I became increasingly passionate about, helped to occupy my mind, when it got very tough. I have dedicated my research to my Mum, as she always loved learning new things and has instilled the same curiosity in me. I love you, Mum.

Having done my BA (hons) in Illustration over 10 years ago, returning to studying for my MA was at the beginning very testing. I needed the challenge and found it an incredible valuable experience that broadened my horizon and reconfirmed my passion for making things with my hands.
I strongly recommend it, if you want to keep your head and hands busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment